2019 STIHL FS 311
This rugged bike-handle trimmer is powerful, versatile and designed for all-day professional use.
The STIHL FS 311 trimmer combines the best of all worlds - so you can better trim yours. Featuring a powerful, fuel-efficient engine, this trimmer works longer with fewer refuels compared to previous models. It includes a vertical pleated air filter for excellent air filtration and long service intervals. A simplified starting procedure helps you jump into your job faster, while its newly designed bike handles provide a comfortable grip of product while you work.
The FS 311 also features the IntelliCarb™ compensating carburetor for optimal engine performance, as well as a four-point anti-vibration system for enhanced user comfort. This trimmer accepts a range of metal cutting attachments and circular saw blades that can be used with the appropriate accessory kit. This is one well-rounded performer that doesn't skimp on the performance.
- Simplified Starting Procedure: To get started, simply pump the fuel primer, set the choke and pull the starter cord. The built-in stop switch allows the user to turn off the engine with a simple press of the button. When the engine is off, the throttle lock automatically returns to the “start" setting. Your power tool will be ready to be started when you're ready to get back to work.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Air Filter Cover: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Protected Spark Plug: Protected yet easy to change.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator's hand never has to leave the handle.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures the air pressure on the clean side of the air filter and adjusts the metering diaphragm in the carburetor. This keeps the RPM at a consistent level, even when the air filter begins to clog.
- Tool-Free Handle Adjustment: The central wing nut enables easy adjustment without the use of tools. For transportation and space-saving storage, the handle can be rotated 90°.
- Purge Pump Primer: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- Bike Handle: When used in conjunction with a harness, the bike handle allows the machine to be easily guided, enabling a smooth horizontal mowing action to cover large areas quickly and efficiently. With soft grips for increased comfort, the bike handle provides greater control and helps reduce operator fatigue.
- Shoulder Strap / Carrying System: Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- High Tech Polymer Housing: Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob: Helps prevent damage.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Displacement: 36.3 cc (2.2 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.4 kW (1.9 bhp)
- Weight*: 7.2 kg (15.9 lb.)*
- Fuel Capacity: 710 cc (24.0 oz)
- Cutting Swath: 18.9"
- Power Source: Gas
- Engine Type
- 1.9 bhp (1.4 kW)
- 2.2 cu. in. (36.3 cc)
- Cutting Width
- 18.9 in.
- 15.9 lb. (7.2 kg)